SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's Not Like I Didn't Know

It hit me today. I knew it was coming so I am not sure why it was so shocking. But as I was looking over my teaching schedule for the coming semester I realized that August is quickly upon us. August signals something that I have been dreading for a while now. Preschool. I never thought I would be the kind of mom that worried about my kids going to school. I mean really. It is two days a week for 3 hours. Suck it up. But I can't help thinking that this is the beginning of the end. Now it's preschool. Tomorrow they will be bringing that chump around for their first date. They are going to realize that mom and dad don't have all the answers. That we aren't as smart as we pretend to be. Their teachers and friends aren't going to realize how special they are. They won't get their quirks. They won't love them like we do. I will have to stand back and watch them experience frustrations, heartaches, disappointments. And I am going to have to let them figure it out the way that works for them. They are going to have friends that talk to them about sex on the way home from school. They are going to start driving and trying to beat the train on 4100 South near 6000 West (hypothetically speaking). They are going to do something horrible like tell us that they want to move thousands of miles away to find themselves. That chump they brought home is going to ask for their hand in marriage. AHHHHH!!! O.K. I'll relax. After all it's only preschool....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously. It's really over. Get used to it.

Dani

Anonymous said...

did I freak you out? I was just kidding. As a matter of fact, you will start something right after they go to school and then you will be ALMOST done and it will be time to go pick them up and you will be like, "FOR THE LOVE! I SWEAR I JUST DROPPED THEM OFF!"

Enjoy it.