SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Monday, March 23, 2009

Missing You

It was recently the third anniversary of the death of my mother-in-law. With that in mind, I want to share with you the top ten things I loved about her.
  1. Her love and acceptance of me. From the first day I met her, she accepted me. She continued to love me and treat me like her daughter until the day she died.
  2. Her love for my children. She loved my girls so much. One of the saddest parts about her being gone is that she is not here to see my girls grow up. I hope she can see them.
  3. Her happy disposition. Even when times where hard, she continued to have a positive attitude. That really taught me alot.
  4. Her selflessness. She was always willing to put aside her "to do" list to help someone else.
  5. All of the time she spent helping me when my girls were born. I could not have done it without her.
  6. Fun family parties. Nancy always made sure we got together with one another. She was the glue that held us together.
  7. The fact that she raised such a wonderful son. I thank her everyday for making my husband the kind of man he is today.
  8. Her cooking. I miss yummy chicken, apple crisp, and salad.
  9. Her gardening advice.
  10. Her voice. It was the voice that boisterously welcomed you to her home, shouted with joy and the birth of my girls, and gave me advice when I needed it most.

I love you Nanc. And, I miss you everyday.

6 comments:

Aimee Wilson said...

You are lucky to have had that kind of relationship with your mother in law. I don't want to name names, but some peoples MIL's think they are the spawn of Satan, a mere Sucubus if you will, who demonically stole her precious son and thrives to torment him each day of his life. I just heard that somewhere...

The Sadler Crew said...

Hypothetically speaking,of course!

Shellee said...

Can I just say ditto Aim? I'm jealous of your cut short years. And sad for you. Us other gals, can only wish our mother in laws knew how to spread the love and cheer (to more than their annointed child).

The Sadler Crew said...

Yes, I was lucky indeed. And, I am sad about my years that were cut short. Somehow doesn't seem fair. But, grateful that she helped me become a better wife, mommy and person.

Unknown said...

Hey Tif -
Just read this - you summed her up perfectly - what about her laugh that resonated through the room and into your heart? Julie

The Sadler Crew said...

So true, Julie. I miss her - especially in the springtime.