SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Saturday, July 19, 2008

You WHAT?



I thought I would start this blog in this way because that is the response I have received from everyone I have told the following news to.....I just got inked!! That's right. I have officially entered the land of that tattooed. We are an elite group. Motorcycle riding, leather pant wearin' , trash-talkin' folks. "Why?" you ask yourself. And that is a fine question. The truth is that my inspiration came from Dan's two cousins Ander and Julie. Although Dan would tell you that it comes from my mid-life crisis, which doesn't even make sense because that would mean I would only live to be 72. Besides, I am SO buying a convertible sports car for my mid-life crisis. Anyway.... About 2 years ago they got tattoos and I just loved them. At that point in time Dan would not even entertain the idea of me getting one. So I just let the idea go all together. But in the last few months I have been thinking about it again. I wanted to get a lotus flower because of what it symbolizes. I feel like I have been making progress with some of the "issues" I have dealt with in the last couple of the years and it seemed fitting for me at this point in life.
Dan did not necessarily like the whole idea but, being the super supportive husband he is, he said go ahead. Actually, I think he just knows me well enough to know it is futile to argue about it! Poor guy.
SO, I asked my friend Aimee to go with me for moral support. Incidentally, if any of you out there are thinking about getting a tattoo you should get in touch with her. There is no better person to have with you at this life-altering moment. Not many friends would enter the tattoo parlor and when asked "Can I help you?" would reply "We are looking for something tasteful." She also made sure to remind me to ask all pertinent questions such as "What if I get HIV from that nasty needle you are using?" The reminders to breath were also invaluable.
The best part was seeing her get way excited about all of the tattoos she would pick if she got one. I think she decided on "Tits and Ass." The pictures that accompanied the text sealed the deal. Something about it appealed to her feminist side.
When I really think about this whole thing it is quite comical. I can't believe a person like me who has been diagnosed with "too concerned about what others think," would do something like this. My like or dislike for this decision has thus far been based on others like or dislike of this decisions. And therein lies the irony of the choice of the lotus flower. But guess what? I like it. And I am going to try and keep it that way. Regardless of what others do, say, think or act. But just in case, tell me you love it!
I will post some pics soon. I am trying to figure out a way to post them without taking up the entire page with photos. If anyone knows a magical way I'd love to hear about it.

5 comments:

Tawny said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for introducing me to your blog!! I have a sneaking suspision that this is going to be my personal laugh factory! You are amazing beyond words and I'm so excited to read what else is new and changing in the life of Tiffany :-)

Congrats on the new addition! I think you made a great AND tasteful decision...Can't wait to see pics! Xoxox!

Aimee Wilson said...

Good times, good times. I was honored to usher you into the world of classy broads wit tats. I have a pretty good feeling they talked about our visit for the rest of the night after we left! "This isn't Relief Society!" and "So the saying 'once you go black you never go back' applies to more than one thing?"

. said...

Lol... I enjoy you ever so much. And I LOVE THE TAT!! So pretty! Is it on your left foot or your right foot? Can't wait to spend pilates with you again! =)

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. Love the tatoo! What size are your feet? I totally thought that had to be a picture of one of your girls.

Glad you didn't get HIV...yet.

Dani

The Sadler Crew said...

Hey Dani,
It's just the angle. I am a whopping size 9. You know what they say about the size of a woman's foot...I don't either.