SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year...New You?

I'm not big on resolutions. I guess the biggest reason is that I feel like it sets me up for failure. I know what some of you are thinking; "Well only if you don't follow through with your resolution." Ya, that's the problem.
Here's the deal. I tend to make resolutions that are so grandious, so insurmountable, SO aloof that there is no chance I could ever keep them. "I vow to never eat chocolate again." "I will exercise 3 hours everyday of the week, ESPECIALLY on vacation." "I will get back to my high school weight." "I will blog everyday." You get the point....
So I have decided to take another approach. Instead of calling them resolutions, I'm throwing around a few different titles - "Get your head in the game, Sadler. You're not gettin' any younger." "Are you really going to sit on the couch and hope your butt gets smaller by itself?" "Excuses, excuses, excuses." Some of you may say those titles are too lengthy. To you I say, "Pisha!"
So, stay tuned for some more "timely" blog posts, waive to me when you see me out for a run, and join me for some chocolate....on the couch..wishing my butt would get smaller all by itself.

1 comment:

Layne Bushell said...

welcome back! I just taught a lesson today and I said, "We all know resolutions are made to be broken" So don't make them. Decide to make one small change at a time, and then when you're ready, make another small change!

I'm right there with you friend!