SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Java Jealousy

So there I was at my local coffee joint when the following epiphany hit me.... I wanna be a barista. I mean think about it. Who wouldn't want to be? Just hear me out.
First of all, think about your local coffee craftperson. There they are at that little window providing people with, what some might say, their drug of choice. No middle man. No sneaky, damp, corridors where money exchanges hands (I swear I have only seen this stuff on T.V). We are talking right out in broad daylight. And, from what I've heard the hard stuff is goin' for these days, relatively inexpensively I might add. And lest we forget - they even get a tip.
Next point. They have style. Their spiky (sometimes multi-colored) hair, tats, piercings. Hipness exudes from their very pores. SIDEBAR. I really want my nose pierced. Hence my thinking that piercing=hipness. But, apparently, MRS. SOCIETY in all HER judgemental mightiness has decided that those over 21 look "silly" with holes in various and sundry orifices. And, apparently, Dan and MRS. SOCIETY had a talk and she convinced him likewise. Some people and their opinions. Where was I?
Third, they get to chitty-chat with their "regulars." HOW FUN IS THAT? A job where you get to chat it up all day. While providing drugs. And being hip.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm on my way to Starbucks.

1 comment:

Infinity_&_Beyond said...

hahahaha this one is funny. but i know what your taking about, and its funny because lauren christie and ,myself are ALWAYS at starbucks. were the "regulars" only the spiky hiarded people dont chat us up all day. we just order our "drugs" sit down chat then leave. but its a fun little meeting place. although it is on the border of new york..kinda a far drive..but we do it anyways. hmmm im really craving a tall double chocolate chip frapicino right now..thanks a lot tiffffff more acne for me. yay.