SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Saturday, February 28, 2009

H.E. Double Toothpicks

While I was on vacation this morning (that is what I call it when I sleep in on the weekend) Maryn decided to use her potty mouth. Apparently, she got mad at one of her pets on her computer game (I realize this might be a trait that requires MORE counseling) and said "What the hell?" Now, I am actually proud of her for a couple of reasons. "Proud?" you might be asking yourself? Why yes. First of all, she only used the word hell. Which, for some, is really only a destination. Secondly, when I asked her where she heard that word she said "From Grandma." Do you know what this means? The kid didn't rat me out! Dan told me this morning that my mouth was reminiscent of a construction site. I beg to differ. My mouth, when I am away from my children , is reminiscent of a construction site. I have, by the grace of God (and by God I mean the real Savior - not a swear word. That is where I draw the line), figured out a way NOT to swear in front of my kids. She was so embarrassed. You know when your parents talk about sex and you put your hands over your ears and say "LA, LA, LA, LA?" That is what she did when we tried to talk to her about it. I think this mean she won't be doing it again. And that, is a damn good thing.

4 comments:

Shellee said...

YAY! My kids aren't the only foul mouthed heathens walking around.

The Sadler Crew said...

Did you just call my kids foul mouthed heathens? ;)

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I think I would laugh out loud if my kids used a swear word in proper text. I love it.

Tawny said...

Bah-hahah! I'm in stitches~