SADLER FAMILY

SADLER FAMILY

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Very Little Slumber Party

Maryn and Maddie got to experience their first "pajama party" as Maryn called it.
Now you must know that I have anxiously (and secretively) awaited this moment for a long time. Some of my favorite memories of childhood were of slumber parties at my house. My mom would let me invite 8 to 10 of my friends over and then we would proceed to sprawl all of our blankets and pillows all over the living room. I know it made her slightly crazy. And I know this because it would me, too.
So they asked me if their friend Sami could sleep over. Now Sami is my sweet friend Brandy's daughter. Brandy and I have known each other since our days of working at the ol' Cyprus Credit Union. In those days we used to have sleepovers. That was when I was first introduced to Cadbury mini eggs. And wine coolers. And the "problems" with sex. But that is for a different post.
We picked Sami up and went to Olive Garden for dinner. Just for the record, the kids didn't ask to go to Olive Garden, I did. The girls all ordered noodles with butter and Sprite. It was like having triplets instead of twins! They all behaved like perfect little ladies. Dan accidentally sat right across from Sami. I think she might have been too scared to eat.
Then sweet Dan stopped by the store to get some ice cream to complete our night. The girls gobbled it up (and I am, incidentally, one of those "girls") and proceeded to play like crazy.
Now if you don't have girls, you may have never heard girls play. It is more like running and high pitched screaming followed by a little tattling. Oh, and many wardrobe changes. A perfect little combination.
They started asking for popcorn and scary movies and staying up late. Ah, just like I remember. We let them stay up until 9:00. Little did we know that when you have 3 little giggly girls at a slumber party you should put them to bed an hour or so before you want them to actually fall asleep.
We still have a monitor in their room, so we went into the kitchen to listen to all of the "girly"talk. We heard talk of what they wanted to be when they grow up (Sami wants to be a preschool teacher, a dance teacher, and a babysitter, Madelyn a preschool teacher and Maryn a farmer), talk about stinkers and toots (who needs boys?) and other various and sundry topics. Too funny and oh so nostalgic.
After giggling, me coming in and telling them to go to sleep, more giggling, more of me coming in, they finally went to sleep. Sweet slumber.
Until 4:00 that is. That is when Madelyn and Sami both needed to go to the bathroom. Lights on! Doors open! Giggly girls! I couldn't be mad. I may have even been smiling a little.
I wasn't smiling quite as much when they woke up at 7:00. But hey, that's what it's all about, right? Again Dan saved the day by letting me sleep in for another hour or so. He also made pancakes for the girls for breakfast. Man, what a guy.
As I write, they are sitting in the living room having a tea party (with water) and pretending they are from China. And Maryn is barking. Oh, and she literally just peed her pants because someone said something funny.
Well I guess that means I am done posting.... Girls are fun.

4 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like it was so fun! I want to come next time - especially for the Olive Garden part - you are a good mom. I think girls are great too!

Brandy said...

Oh boy... when I read the stinkers and toots part I KNEW it was my child that was the culprit. I even asked her if your girls participated, she just kept laughing. I'm soooooo sorry! Thanks again for having her... she had so much fun :)

The Sadler Crew said...

Oh, please. Do you really think my girls didn't participate in potty talk? Boy do they have YOU fooled...Thanks for letting us have her!

Tawny said...

I think that was my first a-ha moment of today...The a-ha that I am now officially old and those days for me seem so long ago! Next time you and the girls have a pajama party, may I please have an invite?